Sunday, December 30, 2012

a look back on 2012...

roller coaster. I like vintage coloring sometimes, but this is a little too bleached out for my taste. However, I find the composition interesting.
2012.
What a year.
"It's like being on a roller coaster, but in the dark."
A friend quoted this to me during the fire this summer, and it seems that it could ring true for the year as well. Not always in a negative sense, but just in the idea that it has been full of up's, down's, twist's and turn's. Many times with no idea of what is next. It can't definitely be terrifying, or make my stomach drop, but under neath it all, underneath the roller coaster is a firm set of tracks that knows where it's going. It brings us safely to the finishing point. Underneath every up and down has been the solid Rock, the ever faithful and guiding Shepherd.

I might not go into an in depth description of the year, but I do want to share some of the tunes, images, books and various other aspects of life that have accompanied me through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment