Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LOVE / HATE RELATIONSHIPS...

I have a love / hate relationship with being a student. There are a number of reasons for this, but I've been thinking about one in particular this past semester. As a student I get to take interesting classes from brilliant professors, an opportunity that doesn't come around everyday... this is the love part. As a liberal arts student I'm juggling different subjects with 5,000 processes and new concepts that all deserve ample amount of attention...but receive half the attention due... this is the hate part. I still learn A LOT a long the way, but I just think if I could focus on two maybe three classes (in the same subject realm) it would be wonderful, and there would be a whole lot more depth than breadth to what I am learning. There is just so much offered at a liberal arts university... some that is required that can turn a semester into misery! On the other hand it's tempting to take all the classes in the communications, political science, history, peace studies, music, theology departments (and so many others not mentioned) because they are at the tips of my finger...literally with one click I could be in whatever class I want! Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that school provides this wonderful predicament of so much to learn, and sometimes it can be exhausting (like my past semester) ... Still I am so thankful for this wonderful gift of education!

No comments:

Post a Comment