Thursday, September 16, 2010

OREGON AUTUMN 2010

Before coming to school in Spokane, my family and I spent a week in Wallowa County Oregon. This is where I grew up. The land of giant sprinklers, snowcapped peaks, deep cut canyons, ice cold lakes, red barns and eclectic company. It's known as the Shire to locals...and yes they do find pride in their brewing of ale's and smoking of pipe tobacco as well as a their fine feasting. It's a place I would wish to bring everyone I know. Here are a few pictures of our trip to this beautiful north western land.





2 comments:

  1. You're cool and I love these pictures and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this. For me, my blogging efforts wax and wane. Sometimes I know I am shouting into the dark, sometimes I just don't feel the muse or this period in my life I cannot sustain it. Right now I am not doing any personal blogging but am part of a CT team that blogs about tech for Discovery Channel's educational service. And in that writing some parts of me leak out. The best part of blogging is when it becomes self reflective and allows us to use the writing process to work out ideas about ourselves or ideas that are important (but sometimes it is just sharing fart jokes). As long as we do not delude ourselves (as some that we know) that blogging is "not about me".

    ReplyDelete